Color Oops Color Prep helps eliminate color, product and mineral build up prepping hair for an easy color transition. This unique formula contains a blend of gentle yet clarifying ingredients, including aloe vera and soy protein to repair damaged hair and promote healthy hair growth.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Clarifying formula rinses away dull hair color, product and mineral build-up
- Aloe vera deep cleans while nourishing your hair
- Soy protein strengthens and mends brittle, over-processed hair
IDEAL FOR: Color transitions, use before you color to remove color build-up and product build-up allowing you to easily transition to a new shade.
Total volume: 4 fl. oz.
- Add contents from bottle #1 into applicator bottle #2.
- Shake well for 30 seconds and, pointed away from your face, cut tip on applicator cap.
- Wearing gloves, apply liberally and quickly to clean and dry hair, focusing on color to be removed.
- Gently work and massage product into the hair to ensure it is evenly saturated.
- Cover the hair with the included hair cap and process no longer than 20 minutes. For best results, avoid cold rooms or processing near cool vents or fans.
- Shampoo in warm water, then rinse for 20 minutes.
- Shampoo again, then rinse for at least 5 additional minutes. The longer you continue to rinse, the better your end results will be. If product is not fully rinsed out, dye may settle back into the hair.
- Condition the hair. Optional: A hair mask will re-hydrate the hair and help eliminate any lingering product scent.
For a PDF of full detailed instructions, please click here.
Results may vary depending on starting hair level, texture, porosity. Hair that is thick or longer than chin length may require more than one box.
Do not mix Color Prep Hair Color Remover in a metallic bowl or allow the product to come in contact with any metallic surface. Use the applicator bottle provided in the kit to apply.
DO NOT repeat the Color Prep process more than 2 to 3 times (and always depending on the condition of hair and scalp). With each time, always perform a strand test.
This product contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation on certain individuals. A preliminary patch test should be first made 48 hours prior to use by applying a mixture of equal parts 1 and 2 on a small cleansed area the size of a quarter behind the ear or the fold of the elbow. Remove after 24 hours with soap and water or immediately if irritation occurs. If irritation is apparent, do not proceed with application. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact with eyes should occur, rinse thoroughly with water, and consult a physician. This product must not be used on eyelashes or eyebrows. To do so may cause blindness. Not to be taken internally. Keep out of reach of children.
See complete instructions for more information and cautions.
Color Prep removes product buildup and regular oxidative hair dye by shrinking the dye molecules, allowing them to be washed away. In most cases, your hair will not return to your natural color due to the oxidative process of the hair dye which permanently altered the hair pigment, revealing the color of the hair after the dye had oxidized it. Aloe vera is used to nourish the scalp and hair follicle, encouraging healthy growth while providing shine and hydration to the hair. Soy protein helps to rebuild damaged, brittle or dry hair giving it a healthy appearance.
Recommended for those who have dyed their hair too dark, an undesired shade, or would like to remove a current color for an easy transition to their next color application.
Color Prep is not formulated for and will not work on direct-application dyes as well as bold shades such as pinks, blues, greens, purples, etc.
- Always check the condition of the hair before your next process, including use of hair dye or bleach.
- Processed hair is often more porous. To avoid your next color appearing too dark, apply a deep conditioning protein mask for 20 minutes beforehand.
- Always do a STRAND and PATCH test before your next color application.
Water (Aqua), Hydrosulfite, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysulatine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xantham Gum, Polysorbate 80, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citric Acid, Fragrance.